BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 6, 2012 12:22 pm  #1

How come Benedict gets three forums & the others only get one?

I love him to bits too but if I were Martin Freeman, I would get very depressed at the stats I love this quote from Martin (on a chat show): No, the notion that he got me onto The Hobbit makes me want to kill everyone in this room (this bit is word for word). I got me on The Hobbit because I auditioned for it. He got himself on The Hobbit because he auditioned for it too (this bit is paraphrased).

Last edited by saturnR (September 6, 2012 12:23 pm)

September 6, 2012 1:18 pm  #2

Re: How come Benedict gets three forums & the others only get one?

Depressing for Martin through it might be, sheer volume of posts about Benedict necessitated three sections for him.

Personally I blame The PSoS!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 6, 2012 2:03 pm  #3

Davina wrote:

Depressing for Martin through it might be, sheer volume of posts about Benedict necessitated three sections for him.

Personally I blame The PSoS!

The...sorry, what? Profound Sexiness of Sherlock? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 6, 2012 2:16 pm  #4

No, the Purple Shirt of Sex  . I guess the situation in this forum just reflects the Benedict mania on the Internet and beyond. No offense to Martin. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 6, 2012 2:26 pm  #5

SusiGo wrote:

No, the Purple Shirt of Sex  . I guess the situation in this forum just reflects the Benedict mania on the Internet and beyond. No offense to Martin. 

I am such an idiot. Wonder what the ratings would have been if they'd dressed him in cerise? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 6, 2012 4:10 pm  #6

The Profound Sexiness of Sherlock isn't bad either. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 6, 2012 5:26 pm  #7

Yeah, if you can imagine that at one time all of the posts about Benedict were contained in one forum...it went on for like 8 pages, and it was impossible to find anything! So yes, it does appear we talk about Benedict a lot.

I'm actually currently working on a Benedict Cumberbatch forum too, which I shall be debuting shortly. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 6, 2012 5:29 pm  #8

So then let's talk about Martin:

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 6, 2012 6:37 pm  #9

yeah.  Generally,  people  went and made threads about Our Boy Ben  without looking to  see if there was already a thread on that same topic.  That  happens  on  EVERY  fan  forum,  no  matter  what. They forget to set their page listings in their profiles.    So--  we've got more for Ben  than anyone else.   And  It's  still  only  ONE  forum  for Ben--  it's  just subdivided into THREE sections.  The three musketeers threads,  you could call them--  all for one,  and one for him!!  (swords clank in unison)   

Please don't be too  mad at me for saying this.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (September 6, 2012 6:40 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 6, 2012 6:44 pm  #10

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, if you can imagine that at one time all of the posts about Benedict were contained in one forum...it went on for like 8 pages, and it was impossible to find anything! So yes, it does appear we talk about Benedict a lot.

I'm actually currently working on a Benedict Cumberbatch forum too, which I shall be debuting shortly. 

Oh, then I'll have to spend even more time on the Internet. 

September 6, 2012 7:02 pm  #11

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 6, 2012 7:06 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 6, 2012 8:38 pm  #12

Just LOVE that face!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 6, 2012 10:32 pm  #13

sherlockskitty wrote:

yeah.  Generally,  people  went and made threads about Our Boy Ben  without looking to  see if there was already a thread on that same topic.  That  happens  on  EVERY  fan  forum,  no  matter  what.

I see.. blood rushing, well, straight away from the brain, eh? lol

September 7, 2012 6:34 am  #14

That'll be why there's so much 'thudding' onto the floor going on! Lol

September 7, 2012 6:39 am  #15

Exactly. Some of us must be quite bruised. 

September 7, 2012 1:26 pm  #16

Mattlocked wrote:

Yes. I need to find an Andrew Scott forum. BC is sexy, but I think it's obvious where my affections lie.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 7, 2012 5:43 pm  #17

There are a few fan twitter accounts I follow. Have a look at the list of who I am following. If there isn't a forum you could make your own!

September 8, 2012 6:51 am  #18

sigh.   Oh  just go ahead and make an andrew scott section here.   If you make it,  they will come.   trust me on that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera