BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2012 2:56 am  #1

Oona Chaplin, aka Jeanette

I haven't seen a mention of this in other threads but I haven't looked at all of them, so I apologise if this has been mentioned before.

Did anyone notice the name of the actress who played John's girlfriend Jeanette? When I saw "Oona Chaplin" in the credits I ran for the internet to look her up because I had a suspicion she comes from an excellent acting pedigree and I was right!

Oona Chaplin is the granddaughter of Charlie Chaplin through his daughter Geraldine. Geraldine is his daughter with his wife Oona O'Neill.

How cool is that?

August 31, 2012 7:24 am  #2

Re: Oona Chaplin, aka Jeanette

Well spotted!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2012 3:03 pm  #3

Re: Oona Chaplin, aka Jeanette

Wow, that's pretty amazing! And I have to say, I do enjoy her portrayal of Jeanette. Especially when she says, "...and Sherlock Holmes is a very lucky man" and "I don't have a dog!" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera