BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2012 6:21 am  #1

Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

I often read an interesting tweet from 'his highness'. Not always about Sherlock, but none the less interesting & worth checking out.I have discovered some great things this way.

Anyway, I thought I'd start a thread where we can store them.

The tweet that prompted this was :

Mark Gatiss
Very exciting announcement coming soon...

We shall wait & see ... hmmm.

*** Have edited this to include Tweets from the Moff.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 9, 2012 9:15 am  #2

Re: Mark Gatiss & Steven Moffat Tweets

And here is the long awaited ( well it wa a few hours in reality ) news:

Mark Gatiss
"One day, I shall come back".
Thrilled to announce I'm writing a long-cherished drama about the creation of 'Doctor Who'!

I'm sure Whovians will be excited about that little titbit.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 9, 2012 9:20 am  #3

Yes. Well, I'm not. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 9, 2012 12:33 pm  #4

And here is the article relating to the above news:

Mark Gatiss to script drama about the creation of Doctor Who

The 50th anniversary of Doctor Who will be marked by BBC2 next year with a drama chronicling the beginnings of the show, scripted by Sherlock co-writer Mark Gatiss.

An Adventure in Time and Space – the original subtitle to the show which began on 23 November 1963 starring William Hartnell – will be executive produced by Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat, who works with Gatiss on Sherlock, and BBC Wales' Caroline Skinner.

As the article states, Mark is over the moon about this one.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 9, 2012 8:09 pm  #5

Oh, squeeal!!  It's about time we heard something about the dr who 50th anniversary.  it would be nice to see this from the beginning.  But I'm  thinking it will only be a retrospective; that they'll only show clips of past shows...I  wonder who will be narrating it?  Our boy Ben  has a great voice--  he'd be perfect.   David tennant does too.  Oi!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 9, 2012 8:18 pm  #6

Skitty, it will be a Drama  about making Dr Who. In other words, Gatiss is writing a script to be acted out in a movie. It won't be a documentary type film.
And with the thousands of actors in Britain I doubt they will need to use our overworked stars from this production, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 9, 2012 11:33 pm  #7

that's good to hear.  I just hope we fans won't be disappointed.  I  know you cannot please everyone all the time.  has he said if it will be on tv  or in the movie theaters,  and when?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 10, 2012 7:22 am  #8

I'd assume it will be made for TV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 10, 2012 7:28 am  #9

Yes, if you read the story in the link it will tell you that the show will be done in the same style as the Coronation Street one.
The story will also answer any other questions you have asked.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 12, 2012 8:07 pm  #10

As a Whovian, I am eagerly looking forward to this! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 14, 2012 1:30 pm  #11

Steven Moffat
Off to the Richard Bacon show then, to the screening of Asylum Of The Daleks. Always forget this bit - actually having to show it to people.

So I guess, whatever the Richard Bacon show is, you UK people should tune in.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 23, 2012 1:26 pm  #12

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 23, 2012 1:43 pm  #13

Can't wait to read them  . House, …, …

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 23, 2012 5:32 pm  #14

SusiGo wrote:

Can't wait to read them  . House, …, …

The first one could also be called "reunion" or "rising" (The sociopath rises *LOL*), because "woman" wasn't in the actual episode title, either.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 23, 2012 5:40 pm  #15

Good point, Ivy. Let's see what he comes up with. And then speculations are on … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 23, 2012 8:32 pm  #16

Woah, so exciting! I hope they're not trolling and will give us some real information... ;)

I think tomorrow the internet will EXPLODE from all the new speculations!

August 23, 2012 8:55 pm  #17

IMO it's a little too early to come up with real information. At least 14 months until series three.
Maybe the three words could be: The first - the second - the third.
Or: the reunion - the middle - the cliffhanger.
Something non-binding.
Or: Read - the - canon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 24, 2012 1:50 am  #18

tobeornot221b wrote:

Read - the - canon.

Now, that would be brilliant on so many levels... lol

Last edited by The Doctor (August 24, 2012 1:51 am)

August 24, 2012 2:09 am  #19

Holy Crap Tumblr has literally exploded. The things BBC Sherlockians get excited over. Moftiss has us all very well trained eh?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 24, 2012 2:20 am  #20

Tumblr tends to explode when anyone remotely related to the show BREATHES.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

Board footera