BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2012 6:02 pm  #1

Supernatural

Now wait- you guys seriously have no Thread for Supernatural? D:
Where are you, Winchesters?

Supernatural basically is a show about two brothers hunting demons which refer to known urban legends.
I know there'd be much more to say, but anyone who does watch it knows what it's about and everyone who doesn't... well, you better start right now!
Apart from Sherlock, this absolutely is the best damn thing I have seen in my life.
The show knows how to make you cry, but also cheers you up and makes you laugh in many, many episodes.
Then, of course, the inoffical 'Theme song' is absolutely /epic/.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Tumblr (:
Own Sherlock Fan Forum

-

July 26, 2012 8:50 pm  #2

Re: Supernatural

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SOOOON~
Every time you here the song on Supernatural - you know shit just got serious :D

Oh, yes, Supernatural, big fan here! (Seriously, is there anything I don't like? I'm pathetic.)
My favourite is definitely Castiel ;).

July 26, 2012 8:56 pm  #3

I am just at the beginning of season 3, so I don't really know him yet 
But from what I know from Tumblr... I'll prbly love him :D

Whenever I hear that song on a season's finale, I start to sob like an idiot. For example Season 2... I did cry at the end of Episode 21 because of Sam and everything, but then the song came on... and I just couldn't anymore :D I started sobbing like a baby and it didn't stop for the next 30 minutes... 

Last edited by Plueschkissen (July 26, 2012 8:56 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Tumblr (:
Own Sherlock Fan Forum

-

July 28, 2012 4:50 pm  #4

I bet you will love him!
Although I feel like he (or actually the whole angel arc itself) kinda splits the fandom: The ones who think the show got much better when they introduced the angels and the ones who preferred it before.
Needless to say, I belong to the first category!

I'm looking forward to the next season! Soon...
I'm not going to spoil but obviously last season ended on a cliffhanger (they always do, don't they? *sigh*) so it's pretty exciting.

August 7, 2012 5:41 pm  #5

Well I've only just started watching this show after hearing about it on Tumblr - the source of all knowledge!

I'm in the middle of Season 1 so still got a bit of catching up to do, but enjoying it so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 19, 2012 11:01 pm  #6

Oh, that's great, boss!
Tumblr is pretty good at recommeding stuff, since you probably just follow blogs you share interests with, sooo..
Good that you're enjoying it 

September 9, 2012 8:17 pm  #7

I'm now in the middle of Series 5 and absolutely loving it! OHMYGOD!!

I love Castiel!!! DUDE!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 16, 2013 9:19 pm  #8

Huge fan here!

And last night season 8 final literally blew me away!

More than 4 months to wait before season 9 now...

Anyway, i'm going to Paris "Apocalypse 2" convention in August. The guests so far are Jim Beaver (Bobby), Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer) and Misha Collins (Castiel)

I booked a photoshoot, a meet & greet and a 2 hours "Paris by night" with Misha Collins... Can't wait!!

Just like old times...

May 16, 2013 10:56 pm  #9

Love Supernatural. We are getting the season 8 final Monday!
Sam, Dean, Castiel, YES PLEASE!!!

EYE OF THE TIGER!!!!!!

================================================================

June 21, 2013 7:07 pm  #10

Where did the thread go? I'm a huge SN fan and my son asked me last night which show was my fave that or Sherlock. I couldn't say it, just couldn't choke out that Sherlock has probably won me over as I feel like a traitor. I mean, what would my darling Cas say?

Have watched season 8 of SN, way better than 6&7 totally back on track. However, I think Sherlock gets me because it's so English and makes me so proud of my native land.

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 21, 2013 10:43 pm  #11

Oh Elvina (I had a childhood friend named like that, never heard that name since, hehe), I know exactly how you feel.

I've been a huge SPN fan for years and it actually was the only show that ever got me hooked (I'm not too much into TV stuff) ...... until I discovered Sherlock only two months ago.

And I've asked myself the same question... and have to admit the answer is Sherlock.

It took a couple of SPN episodes before I really got into the show while it only took Sherlock a few minutes to make me fall in love with its universe and its characters.

The thing is I've always prefered more realistic things than fantastic or sci fi ones sooooo... And I've also always loved very sarcastic and yet very endearing characters like Sherlock (or Mycroft)

Also, there is a wonderful alchemy between Dean and Castiel (and yes, I'm a huge slash fan as well, hehe) but the alchemy between John & Sherlock won me over...

Don't get me wrong, I still love SPN to bits and I'm looking forward to season 9..... but just not as much as I'm looking forward Sherlock's season 3...

Season 8 was really great (except a couple of "stand alone" like the one with Krissy, for example), the finale was fantastic, and I loved Dean & Cas relationship during the 10 first episodes. I wonder what's gonna happen to Cas next season, as he apparently lost his grace and became human....

Just like old times...

June 23, 2013 6:44 pm  #12

Punch me in the face wrote:

Oh Elvina (I had a childhood friend named like that, never heard that name since, hehe), I know exactly how you feel.

I've been a huge SPN fan for years and it actually was the only show that ever got me hooked (I'm not too much into TV stuff) ...... until I discovered Sherlock only two months ago.

And I've asked myself the same question... and have to admit the answer is Sherlock.

It took a couple of SPN episodes before I really got into the show while it only took Sherlock a few minutes to make me fall in love with its universe and its characters.

The thing is I've always prefered more realistic things than fantastic or sci fi ones sooooo... And I've also always loved very sarcastic and yet very endearing characters like Sherlock (or Mycroft)

Also, there is a wonderful alchemy between Dean and Castiel (and yes, I'm a huge slash fan as well, hehe) but the alchemy between John & Sherlock won me over...

Don't get me wrong, I still love SPN to bits and I'm looking forward to season 9..... but just not as much as I'm looking forward Sherlock's season 3...

Season 8 was really great (except a couple of "stand alone" like the one with Krissy, for example), the finale was fantastic, and I loved Dean & Cas relationship during the 10 first episodes. I wonder what's gonna happen to Cas next season, as he apparently lost his grace and became human....

I totally agree about the realism aspect, realised when you said it that was partly why I love Sherlock. I totally ship Cas and Dean too, I mean, the sexual tension is through the roof at times...

Season 8 was just brill, yep a few bum eps but overall, loved it. Yes, human Cas, well kinda. Will he become like Future!Cas? It's been predicted he'll become human for a while now and season 9 is probably going to be it.  

Oh and I hope Sammy gets a hair cut. Lol.

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 23, 2013 8:05 pm  #13

One of my fave tv shows!

I wonder what's gonna happen to Cas next season, as he apparently lost his grace and became human....

Maybe he didn't actually become human and still is an angel but without grace (if that makes sense)... I think all angels who fell are still angels but they are unable to get back into Heaven. Cas lost his grace because Metatron took it away from him, though there's no proof he did the same to other angels. It seems that season 8 is going to be, among other things, about angels trying to get into Heaven.

Elvina wrote:

Impossible, he's going to grow his hair that in a few years (if SPN isn't over) we'll get Sammy with waist lenght hair

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 16, 2013 6:32 am  #14

Deilenn wrote:

One of my fave tv shows!

I wonder what's gonna happen to Cas next season, as he apparently lost his grace and became human....

Maybe he didn't actually become human and still is an angel but without grace (if that makes sense)... I think all angels who fell are still angels but they are unable to get back into Heaven. Cas lost his grace because Metatron took it away from him, though there's no proof he did the same to other angels. It seems that season 8 is going to be, among other things, about angels trying to get into Heaven.

Elvina wrote:

Impossible, he's going to grow his hair that in a few years (if SPN isn't over) we'll get Sammy with waist lenght hair

When I think about Cas without grace I just think about him tripping over everything. I'm pretty sure you are right. Grace isn't the only thing that makes an angel an angel. I'd imagine he just wouldn't have his powers anymore. Isn't there an episode about an angel that gave up or lost their grace? I can't remember what happened.

Just the thought of Sammy with waist length hair makes me laugh!! I can imagine him swishing it around until Dean just gets pissed off (jealous) and cuts it off in the middle of the night!

July 16, 2013 6:33 am  #15

Anyway read Jim Beavers twitter? Oh My God! Excited!

July 16, 2013 6:56 am  #16

I don't think a fallen angel loses their powers.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 16, 2013 7:00 am  #17

Davina wrote:

I don't think a fallen angel loses their powers.

Was Cas a fallen angel for a bit because he left heaven and was on the run? Also Lucifer was a fallen angel and he had mega powers. Not sure what Cas will be able to do without grace though. Granted I would watch the hell out of episodes of him trying to be a regular human. I mean could you imagine?

July 16, 2013 4:22 pm  #18

Michele wrote:

Just the thought of Sammy with waist length hair makes me laugh!!   I can imagine him swishing it around until Dean just gets pissed off (jealous) and cuts it off in the middle of the night!

Yeah! But first, Cas and Dean would make him lots of braids!

What about Anna Milton? She was an angel but she renounced it voluntarily to become a human. She was reborn as a human baby in one family, yet her grace fell down in a field where within a few month assumed a form of a tree, an oak to be precise. 
I'm not sure, maybe it depends on a way how they lost their graces? Cas didn't want it and he is still an angel, Anna wanted it so she isn't one of them anymore.

Oh, I've just checked Jim's twitter.. This is a joke, right? I don't belive they'd make such episode

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 16, 2013 11:40 pm  #19

Deilenn wrote:

Michele wrote:

Just the thought of Sammy with waist length hair makes me laugh!!   I can imagine him swishing it around until Dean just gets pissed off (jealous) and cuts it off in the middle of the night!

Yeah! But first, Cas and Dean would make him lots of braids!

What about Anna Milton? She was an angel but she renounced it voluntarily to become a human. She was reborn as a human baby in one family, yet her grace fell down in a field where within a few month assumed a form of a tree, an oak to be precise. 
I'm not sure, maybe it depends on a way how they lost their graces? Cas didn't want it and he is still an angel, Anna wanted it so she isn't one of them anymore.

Oh, I've just checked Jim's twitter.. This is a joke, right? I don't belive they'd make such episode

Yeah that was the episode I was trying to remember. Might have to go back and rewatch it all while waiting for the next season. Did she have any special powers without her grace? I can't remember.

Oh yeah all the episode ideas were jokes but did you read the first tweet? I think that's real. Don't want to say since some would see it as a spoiler.

July 18, 2013 4:30 am  #20

Board footera