BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2012 11:31 pm  #1

What story would you like to read next?

Which story would you like to read and discuss next in book club?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 15, 2012 12:24 am  #2

Re: What story would you like to read next?

how about Study in Scarlet?  The beginning is a very good place to start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 15, 2012 9:53 am  #3

Damn, I don't have that book yet. I'll join the discussion when I've read it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 15, 2012 10:02 am  #4

Remember if anyone doesn't have the whole collection; it's online here:
http://archive.org/details/SherlockHolmesComplete

I choose the pdf version; I don't have a kindle, no need really.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 15, 2012 5:01 pm  #5

we can choose what books the members have now.   Drama,  what book suits your fancy? 

And,  I  see we have a thread open  for Empy House  here.   EMPT  is  in the title.  the other two threads  also  have one book  already  discussed,  so--  we could read those books again,  to get caught up. 

4-4-12  has FINA  Final Problem;   
7-5-12   has CHAS  The adventure of Charles Agustus  Milverton, which is quite an enjoyable mystery.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 15, 2012 5:07 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 15, 2012 8:51 pm  #6

I'd love to read Study in Scarlet again after many years. I'll try to find the time. I already read the first pages and had to smile at the many parallels to ASiP.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 17, 2012 6:04 pm  #7

Study in Scarlet would be good. I downloaded the whole collection for free as part of my I-pad bookshop. Bargain!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 23, 2012 2:30 am  #8

what book are we reading?  when do we discuss it?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 23, 2012 3:20 am  #9

Maybe start now and give it 2 weeks per story?

July 23, 2012 7:34 am  #10

Right let's get this started again shall we or we risk it being A Study in Prevaracation or The Adventure of the Empty Library!

Let us start at the very beginning...get the Dirdls and Lederhosen out...a very good place to start.

STUD ... as in A Study In Scarlet.

Give it two weeks. Come back with your book reports eh kids!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 23, 2012 3:40 pm  #11

OK, I'll start a new thread for our discussion of it....

July 23, 2012 5:37 pm  #12

OK  great!!   I've  started reading it.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 24, 2012 3:14 am  #13

I am in.

August 27, 2012 2:08 pm  #14

So, we've done STUD....

Am I right in thinking we should plough on and all read SCAN...seeing as that's the next story chronologically?

August 27, 2012 2:26 pm  #15

Yes, that's a great one. Much stuff to compare. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 27, 2012 2:44 pm  #16

I agree with SCAN being next. It makes sense to read them in order.

August 27, 2012 2:58 pm  #17

I have actually just stared reading SCAN, so I am obviously very much in favour of it being the next one for the book club 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

August 31, 2012 8:14 am  #18

I have finished reading the sorty, should/can I start a separate thread about it?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

August 31, 2012 12:00 pm  #19

Sounds like a plan to me.

August 31, 2012 8:20 pm  #20

Ready if you are.

Board footera