BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2012 11:54 am  #1

Jonathan Aris- Anderson

So the character he plays in Sherlock is not popular with anyone, even on Stupid Street, however this is the mark of a good actor. More about him can be found on Wikipedia. Another public school educated actor from the cast.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Aris

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 10, 2012 1:32 pm  #2

Re: Jonathan Aris- Anderson

More from/about Jonathan Aris.

This is the page from his 'voice' agents. He's been a busy boy!

www.castaway.org.uk/clients/voices/joar.htm

And two excerpts from YouTube:

The first is Mark Gatiss and Jonathan in CloneE04 The Ian Cam. Mark is gloriously loopy in this!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaNqtHzdlks

The second is from a comedy Ideal:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 18, 2012 10:44 am  #3

Jonathan is in a new film called 'Sightseers'. At the moment this is doing the rounds of the film festivals e.g. Toronto and then will be on release in the UK. I have given links to two articles the latter of which is a very good, detailed German review (in German).

www.flicksandbits.com/2012/08/28/fantastic-new-trailer-for-ben-wheatleys-sightseers/30549

www.blairwitch.de/moviebase/1718/sightseers/kritik/

Last edited by Davina (September 18, 2012 10:46 am)

December 24, 2012 8:18 pm  #4

Jonathan is in the new series of Peep Show but I only realised when I was watching an episode with my son last night.

August 15, 2013 7:03 pm  #5

He plays a newsreader in Series 2 of Being Human. Just watching the episode now and I recognised him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera