BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 21, 2012 2:48 pm  #1

The next episode

I'm hoping in the next episode (when they reveal the answer) that they do a funeral scene in flashback.
It'd be a great opportunity to see who is there, how they act & what is said. It would be a 'clue feast' .

Although he did 'die' as a wanted criminal on the run. Maybe it will be a very private affair?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 21, 2012 3:26 pm  #2

Re: The next episode

I'd like to see the 'We believe in Sherlock' movement being included as not only a nod to the fans but as an integral part of the story.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

February 21, 2012 8:48 pm  #3

That would also be a nod towards the reaction of the fans of the original stories who mourned Sherlock Holmes' death in public when he died at the Reichenbach Falls.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 22, 2012 7:54 pm  #4

Wow, that's a good idea. Because there's bound to be people who would feel that way - people who he's solved crimes for in the past, rescued family members from kidnappings, recovered stolen goods etc. All those people would have respect and admiration for him, and are more unlikely to believe the stories being put round by Moriarty and his crew.

The first episode back will obviously start with a recap of what happened at the end of Reichenbach, and will then it could either take us through the immediate aftermath of that from John's perspective and how he's coping without Sherlock, or it could go to 3 years later (like in the books), and things have moved on quite considerably. For example, John could be married and no longer living at 221B - he did say to Mrs Hudson that he didn't feel he could go back to the flat...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 22, 2012 10:29 pm  #5

That's a thought! Shame we cannot read the Moftiss minds! They are cruel, cruel men! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 23, 2012 6:41 am  #6

I wouldn't hold too much hope out for a 'nod to fans'. lol
The creators of this show want to give all their 'nods' to Conan Doyle's canon, a shared love & respect they have for it.
"Believe in Sherlock" is a fan made thing, Moffat has acknowledged it & said it is great free advertising that has gone viral, I think that's the best that people can hope for. If they 'nod' that, they'd be inundated with everything that is going around.

I for one would tune out if they started playing to the whims of the 'fans' because 'the fans' cannot create what these guys have thus far.

I know they have discussed on the commentary the fact that John got married at one stage, also a few other things that went on in the original so they have plenty of ideas to run with yet.
It'll be interesting to see which stories are next; cos then we can all madly 'cram' them & get some background, lol!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 6, 2013 9:49 am  #7

I would like to see Sherlock living in 221 c, alone in ths ugly flat working on his return.
In TRF we see the "assassin" on the ladder in the corridor of 221 on the left side working. I  thinkt he is there to fix the bell or do some work for somebody to move into the flat 221 c.
In the commentry the writers said they might go back to  221 c
What if the "assassin" is in fact somebody Sherlock hired to protect Mrs. Hudson? He looks really fierce with his tatoos, doesn't he? In my opinion, it's too much: He might be in fact a good guy.
Sherlock knew in advance that he had to fake his death and that he had to find a new flat. Conclusion: Rooms near 221 b with access to 221 b and the books and equipment. John will move out of 221 b and Sherlock spends some time in 221 c untill he returns.
Just some puzzle pieces put together?!

February 6, 2013 10:17 am  #8

Be wrote:

I would like to see Sherlock living in 221 c, alone in ths ugly flat working on his return.
In TRF we see the "assassin" on the ladder in the corridor of 221 on the left side working. I  thinkt he is there to fix the bell or do some work for somebody to move into the flat 221 c.
In the commentry the writers said they might go back to  221 c
What if the "assassin" is in fact somebody Sherlock hired to protect Mrs. Hudson? He looks really fierce with his tatoos, doesn't he? In my opinion, it's too much: He might be in fact a good guy.
Sherlock knew in advance that he had to fake his death and that he had to find a new flat. Conclusion: Rooms near 221 b with access to 221 b and the books and equipment. John will move out of 221 b and Sherlock spends some time in 221 c untill he returns.
Just some puzzle pieces put together?!

"Oh look you've got damp!"

That would make it the not quite empty house.

I wonder if Mycroft was at the 'funeral?'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

February 6, 2013 11:54 am  #9

I think a funeral scene might be nice as well. I am wondering how much of a time lag we can expect between his death and when we next see the characters? My guess is it will be a long enough interval that Watson, Mrs. Hudson, Mycroft will have moved to a different place in their lives. i also expect that Sherlock will come out of hiding because Watson is walking into danger, I expect it to be a nefarious love interest: the femme fatale S. Moran character. At least I can hope

Disguise is always a self portrait

February 6, 2013 5:04 pm  #10

Hey, SP! Good to hear from you.

I love the idea of Moran being a woman, and Watson falling for him, er, her, and Sherlock coming to the rescue. Maybe it will be MARY Moran, and Watson is engaged to her...

I think I've mentioned before that the "assassin" at 221 could be placed there by Sherlock, not Moriarty. I agree that his "bad" look is a little over the top.

Sherlock living in 221C would be nice, but only if Watson is still living in 221B...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

February 6, 2013 6:05 pm  #11

Tantalus wrote:

Hey, SP! Good to hear from you.

I love the idea of Moran being a woman, and Watson falling for him, er, her, and Sherlock coming to the rescue. Maybe it will be MARY Moran, and Watson is engaged to her...

I think I've mentioned before that the "assassin" at 221 could be placed there by Sherlock, not Moriarty. I agree that his "bad" look is a little over the top.

Sherlock living in 221C would be nice, but only if Watson is still living in 221B...

Great to see you too, Tantalus The Mary Morstan Moran Merge has a nice ring to it I just hope we don't get any corny 'Sherlock-in-cheesy-disguise' moments. That might have played well in 1890's canon but vaudeville died for a reason

Disguise is always a self portrait

Board footera