BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2012 7:49 pm  #1

Oh, so it's your birthday?

Well, I thought maybe a birthday thread would be nice. Just pop on over here and let us know if you're a year older, and we'll all shower you with well wishes, virtual gifts, or perhaps the best birthday gift of all--silence. 

Anyway, though it perhaps seems horribly self-serving:

Howdy! I'm Tantalus, and today (July 5th) is some undisclosed anniversary of my 29th birthday...

There's only one thing on my wish list. Anyone care to guess? (Hint: it's only tangentially related to Sherlock)

(Boss, could we pin this one?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

July 5, 2012 7:51 pm  #2

Re: Oh, so it's your birthday?

Hey Tantalus! Happy Birthday...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 5, 2012 7:57 pm  #3

Happy Thursday, Tantalus,  as a prelude to a full inspiring year of your life!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 5, 2012 8:00 pm  #4

Oh your poor mother must have had a rough 4th of July 89 years ago ..... tee hee

Happy Birthday Tanty!
and no, you can NOT have an Irene Adler for your birthday.

Last edited by kazza474 (July 5, 2012 8:01 pm)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 5, 2012 8:07 pm  #5

kazza474 wrote:

Oh your poor mother must have had a rough 4th of July 89 years ago ..... tee hee

Actually, she had a busy day of it, what with the American centennial celebrations and all...

kazza474 wrote:

Happy Birthday Tanty!

Bummer. Not even once?

July 5, 2012 8:45 pm  #6

Happy, heppy, hippy, hoppy, huppy birthday! You poor old thing!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 5, 2012 8:49 pm  #7

Happy birthday from Germany, Tantalus! Didn't you wish for the wonderful green grass that grows beneath the Pulverbatch sign  ?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 5, 2012 9:19 pm  #8

Tantalus wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

Happy Birthday Tanty!

Bummer. Not even once?

Who says you can't?

Here I am!

Happy birthday, Tanty!

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 5, 2012 9:27 pm  #9

Finally. Thank you Irene. Happy birthday, Tantalus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 5, 2012 9:30 pm  #10

Don't worry, Tantalus, I haven't forgotten!

This Should keep you going for a while!!

Happy Birthday!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 6, 2012 4:20 am  #11

Davina wrote:

Happy, heppy, hippy, hoppy, huppy birthday! You poor old thing!

Did you just conjugate "to be happy"? Wow; no one ever conjugated for my birthday before...

July 6, 2012 4:23 am  #12

SusiGo wrote:

Happy birthday from Germany, Tantalus! Didn't you wish for the wonderful green grass that grows beneath the Pulverbatch sign  ?

Well, I guess I did, though that wasn't the one I was thinking of. Hard to keep it to just one wish on your birthday, you know.

We had a rain shower today, so I may get that wish after all...

July 6, 2012 4:24 am  #13

Thanks, everyone!

Be sure to post your special day when it comes around. After all, we've nothing better to do while we wait for Season 3, do we?

July 6, 2012 4:27 am  #14

Molly Hooper wrote:

Don't worry, Tantalus, I haven't forgotten!

This Should keep you going for a while!!

Happy Birthday!!

Bravo, Molls! I knew you'd know... Box of 48--that would probably last 'til my next birthday...

Last edited by Tantalus (July 6, 2012 4:28 am)

July 6, 2012 11:01 am  #15

Happy birthday Tantalus! You're just a baby! 

Disguise is always a self portrait

July 6, 2012 4:55 pm  #16

I'm a little late, but happy birthday Tantalus! = )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

July 20, 2012 1:10 am  #17

Happy Birthday, Benedict. He's 36 today.

July 25, 2012 4:16 pm  #18

Well, not that I would expect any congratulations or nice Ben pics, but I just wanted to let you know that tomorrow (26th) will be my birthday 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 25, 2012 11:24 pm  #19

Happy birthday, Susi!

Oh, see how you sometimes don't expect something and then it happens anyway? ;)

July 26, 2012 3:36 am  #20

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera