BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2012 10:35 pm  #1

Torchwood

Anybody a fan?

The last series (Miracle Day) was immense. Anyone heard when/if they'll be making another series?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 10, 2012 1:49 pm  #2

Re: Torchwood

Oh, no answers here?

YES, a massive fan
I love love love love love Torchwood! Miracle Day was amazing although I think they could all take a step back from the Americanization, I want it to stay a British show..

I don't think they know anything about a new series yet although it's also not out of question that there will be one. I think it's on hold for now.
I would love another appearance of Jack in Doctor who, the Doctor and him used to be so great together . But I think it's quite unlikely, with different people making the shows now and all...
But Jack has met the 9th and the 10th Doctor now, time to meet Eleven!

June 10, 2012 1:54 pm  #3

I love Doctor Who and I like Jack Harness a lot, but I haven't seen anything of Torchwood yet. Is it worth a watch? I mean, if I like Doctor Who will I enjoy this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 10, 2012 7:17 pm  #4

It's definitely worth watching!
It's a bit darker and dirtier than Who, or maybe more than just a bit, hehe. But apart from that... there is also is the alien stuff, a man with a great coat and people trying to save other people from extraterrestrial threats. And of course it's also by RTD!
So basically: pretty awesome.

June 10, 2012 7:33 pm  #5

Ok, then. I'll have to watch it

I'll let you know when I do

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 10, 2012 7:47 pm  #6

Oh yes, do so and then tell us what you thought of it ;)

September 5, 2012 11:10 am  #7

LOVE Torchwood. I actually started with that show before I started catching up with Doctor Who. I definitely recommend it.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 5, 2012 5:05 pm  #8

Maybe I'll catch  it  one of these days.  I  saw Glimpses of  torchwood in Doctor Who...it  seemed pretty good.   Eplain something, tho--  was  Torchwood  a series, (13 episodes)  or was it only  in movie form?   John Barrowman is Splendid as cap'n Jack..  and he's immortal, too....Called the Face Of Boe  at one time.....yeah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 5, 2012 10:29 pm  #9

From what I know of Doctor Who and reading about Torchwood on the internet-- Torchwood is/was a tv show. I think it had 3 series. I was under the impression that Torchwood fell--that's what Jack said in the DW End of Time special--and there won't be any more episodes. I love Jack's character, though, and will definitely watch Torchwood when I have the time

September 5, 2012 11:28 pm  #10

Arya wrote:

From what I know of Doctor Who and reading about Torchwood on the internet-- Torchwood is/was a tv show. I think it had 3 series. I was under the impression that Torchwood fell--that's what Jack said in the DW End of Time special--and there won't be any more episodes.

Yes. There are some episodes on Netflix, I believe. (Hey...do just about all of you have access to Netflix or is it a US thing?)

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 6, 2012 6:57 pm  #11

Netflix is definitely a US thing. I think it's also available in the UK, though.

Torchwood has 4 seasons now. But they always change the format, it's a bit confusing...
Yep, Torchwood "fell" after the third season.
In season 4 it was kind of resurrected because of a new threat for earth, so there might be new seasons. (It had a bit of a cliffhanger, too.)

September 6, 2012 9:09 pm  #12

As far as I can ascertain there has been no movement towards the production of a fifth series of Torchwood. RTD has moved back to Manchester from the US which may make things even more complicated. Apparently the actors involved are open to play again but it all rests with RTD.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 6, 2012 10:20 pm  #13

I thought miracle day was dreadful, actually. I loved the other three series' though, and children of the earth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 13, 2012 8:43 am  #14

I admit that I only watched it because of the Jack and Ianto relationship.

I like Jack Harkness, he flirts with everything with a pulse. I'd like him to meet Sherlock! 

Has anyone seen this video, John Barrowman talks about Sherlock, starts at 5:05.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ZexnOEikY

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 13, 2012 1:33 pm  #15

The first I've seen of Torchwood was Children of Earth, which I thought was phantastic. I watched the previous episodes then and liked them too, although Children of Earth is still the best season IMO.

I didn't care for Miracle Day all that much TBH.

OT: I love your avatar, Ivy! So cute! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Smart is the new sexy."
I disagree. To me, smart has *always* been sexy.

September 13, 2012 5:44 pm  #16

I agree, Lestrade. I just happened to watch Children of Earth because I was bored and the On Demand description looked interesting. After my post-Battlestar Galactica hiatus from TV geekery, I was back in full swing with Torchwood. And I wasn't that into Miracle Day either, but Torchwood over all is great.

October 27, 2013 8:26 pm  #17

My goodness!  I happened to tune in to the Torchwood-Miracle Day "Immortal Sins" episode on BBC America late last night. I really didn't know about Torchwood except once catching a bit of the episode "Something Borrowed" and thinking it was rather intriguing but not understanding anything about it.  I still didn't understand anything last night - but the scene I tuned in on was Jack Harkness in bed with his lover, Angelo.  I stopped in mid remote control click and I'm like, "Huh?" because in "Something Borrowed" it seemed like Gwen (?) was his love interest.  I didn't know until reading Wiki today that Jack is an 'omnisexual'.  Awesome!!

Anyway, the point I'm getting at for Sherlock/Johnlock fans is that there was a scene that could easily be in Series 3, E1.  Angelo thinks that Jack is dead having witnessed him being shot to death.  When he sees Jack very much alive a year later, he's shocked just like John would be.  He keeps stammering, "But you're dead, I saw you die", etc.  Jack, just smiles and says, "You don't know whether to hit me or kiss me, do you.  Let's go somewhere and you can do both!"  I thought that was awesome!  Another Sherlock reminiscent scene: Jack leaves Angelo behind by throwing himself off a building. 

Why didn't I know about this show earlier!!!!!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 23, 2014 12:20 pm  #18

Ah, we do have a thread for this - and I agree KP, there is a lot in the show that could quite easily be transferred to Johnlock. The episode you mentioned with Jack and Angelo... wonderful! My boyfriend was like "Okay, can we move on now, please?", and I was like "Oh, I wanna see Sherlock and John doing exactly that!".

Anyway, I had a great time watching the show, although S4 wasn't my cup of tea. It felt too much like your typical American tv show with dialogue you've heard before hundreds of times and with characters you've seen before hundreds of times. CIA agents, alright... that's the last thing I needed in that show.
But apart from that I'm sad it's over now... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 30, 2014 2:46 pm  #19

I saw this show!
i'm still sad of the ianto's death

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 and i'm klainer too

Board footera