BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2012 9:13 am  #1

Getting SH right on screen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 19, 2012 10:16 am  #2

Re: Getting SH right on screen

Quite funny actually. Wonder if RDJ will ever do another Holmes story? They certainly bagged out Rotchie's ability to bring the stories to light in a good way.
Naturally the writer gets things wrong, Sherlock didn't tell reporters that he was a high functioning sociopath.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 1:32 pm  #3

It's not difficult to work out which of the two modern versions the writer prefers. Clearly has good taste.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 19, 2012 4:18 pm  #4

Wow.  That The New Yorker not only reviews but also approves of Sherlock says a lot about how high-brow media view the show.  It's hard to gain The New Yorker's approval and I'm really pleased the writer was so positive.  Plus, that's a great photo of Benedict.  The comments were interesting as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 20, 2012 2:42 am  #5

yeah  great pic of benedict..at first I thought they had it wrong and it was supposed to be robert downey jr.   Then  I read the article further.   pretty good review of Our Sherlock series.   They were right about the rathbone/bruce series,  but the only one I've seen in that series is the woman in green.   Now that I have Netflix  I may be able to rent the others.   squeee!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 20, 2012 3:17 am  #6

Thanks for this link!    Fascinating comments following the article too,  with those passionate opinions often with polar opposite viewpoints.   I like how the reviewer goes into detail about the Rathbone films.  And his appreciation of BBC Sherlock's "mind palace"  vs.  John Watson's "heart palace"

June 20, 2012 3:36 am  #7

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Wow.  That The New Yorker not only reviews but also approves of Sherlock says a lot about how high-brow media view the show.  It's hard to gain The New Yorker's approval and I'm really pleased the writer was so positive.  Plus, that's a great photo of Benedict.  The comments were interesting as well.

Hey thanks for letting us know what standard The New Yorker has. It's often hard to tell from one article.
Well then they should be doubly chuffed about it all.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera