BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2012 3:24 am  #1

Critic Choice Awards Winners - YES WE WON SOMETHING

Well not exactly 'we' but you know what I mean!
I'll pop in the winners of categories here as they come to light.

For Twitter users - follow Michael Ausiello

First award goes to ARCHER for best animated series
“The clip they showed wasn’t as funny as the other clips because our show’s really dirty,"  Aisha Tyler noted as cast and producers accepted the award. “If you watch it, there are lots of boobs…. So check it out."

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 3:28 am  #2

Re: Critic Choice Awards Winners - YES WE WON SOMETHING

Michael Ausiello  @MichaelAusiello
Best movie or miniseries goes to... SHERLOCK!  PBS
“If you haven’t been watching Sherlock, get started," said Mel Rogers, president of PBS SoCal. “You’ll get hooked."

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 3:32 am  #3

Oh where is everybody, do I party alone here?

LOL

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 3:33 am  #4

Gillian Anderson and Robert Patrick presenting best actor in movie/mini. series
Winner is .... SHERLOCK's Benedict Cumberbatch!!

OMG! WOW!!!!!!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 3:34 am  #5

That's pretty awesome!!! Sorry, I'm still half asleep...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 19, 2012 3:35 am  #6

What a way to start an awards night taking 2 of the first 3 awards!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 3:36 am  #7

Best Actress in a Movie/Miniseries
Jessica Lange – American Horror Story – FX
Gillian Anderson - Great Expectations – PBS
Julianne Moore – Game Change – HBO
Patricia Clarkson – Five – Lifetime
Lara Pulver – Sherlock – PBS
Emily Watson – Appropriate Adult – Sundance

WINNER IS :
Best Actress in a Movie/Miniseries | Julianne Moore, Game Change

“You can’t give any kind of performance without a [great] story," the actress/Sarah Palin mimic noted, “so I’d like to thank the Republican party for fostering a truly amazing political story."

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 3:40 am  #8

They are the only 2 awards we were interested in, but I will update the winners of all categories as it happens.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 3:52 am  #9

Best Reality Series | Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (Travel Channel)

Best Reality Series – Competition | The Voice (NBC)
“Thank you to Jimmy Kimmel ,who predicted this moment a half hour ago," Voice host Carson Daly said in accepting the award. “The heart of The Voice is great stories…. We wanted to make uplifting family television and it has really resonated."

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 3:56 am  #10

Best Reality Show Host (TIE) | Tom Bergeron, Dancing with the Stars… and Cat Deeley, So You Think You Can Dance

“Wow!" Deeley exclaimed as she arrived at the podium. “I came here seven years ago, I think, and it was just an adventure… and I’m very, very lucky to do a show that I absolutely love. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think…. So thank you very much!"

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:02 am  #11

I have no idea who this dude is, but figured I'd post it anyway, lol.

Michael Ausiello  - Ran into a prince backstage
Michael is the guy on the right, so who is the princely guy on the left?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:06 am  #12

Best Talk Show | Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (NBC)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:10 am  #13

Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series | Paul Rudd, Parks and Recreation
Accepting for Rudd, Parks and Rec‘s Nick Offerman read a (fake) note saying, “If this is for that movie I did with Amy Poehler, it was awesome and all of the dudes were really handsome."

Best Guest Performer in a Drama Series | Lucy Liu, Southland
“I didn’t expect this at all,"  Liu said. “It’s just been such a thrill to be working with such a wonderful cast and fantastic crew.“

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:21 am  #14

Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series | Giancarlo Esposito, Breaking Bad
“I want to think the universe for putting me here and allowing me to be present and for allowing me to be so enamored and inspired by the people in this room…. Aaron Paul, I share this with you and all of the other nominees."

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:27 am  #15

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series | Christina Hendricks, Mad Men

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:31 am  #16

Best Actor in a Drama Series | Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad

Best Actress in a Drama Series | Claire Danes, Homeland

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:33 am  #17

Best Drama Series | Homeland (Showtime)

“We’d like to dedicate this the to the writing staff of New Girl," said EP Howard Gordon. “Homeland shares a bathroom with New Girl and they’re a surprisingly hygienic bunch."

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:34 am  #18

Thanks, kazza, for posting all the info.  WAY TO GO SHERLOCK & BENEDICT!!!

(Sorry, I think the triple exclamation points are warranted...)

Too bad that Lara didn't also win but two outta three ain't bad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 19, 2012 4:37 am  #19

Certainly not bad at all.

I assume Gatiss & Moffat are still sleeping ( would they sleep through awards?) or out somewhere else at the moment. No reaction from them thus far.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 4:39 am  #20

Remaining awards to come, after a lull in proceedings apparently :
Best Comedy Series
Best Actor in a Comedy Series
Best Actress in a Comedy Series
Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera