BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2012 5:17 pm  #1

Sherlock Hemlock

Watson! A gigantic hound!!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=exp9h8_AZlE[/video]

(Sorry, video wouldnt embed)

...and because the apple looked sort of familiar

Last edited by JaneCo (June 15, 2012 5:21 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 15, 2012 5:29 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Hemlock

Squoosh!

Sherlock Hemlock and the....Red Delicious Fall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 15, 2012 8:45 pm  #3

I touch them with my nose and smell them with my fingers. Genius y'gad! And he's even wearing one of John's sweaters!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 16, 2012 12:43 am  #4

But do we know how the apple came to be on the wall?  It fell, but then what happened???  Theories anyone?!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 17, 2012 10:40 am  #5

Oh, thanks for posting this! It reminds of my childhood when I watched the German Sesame Street. Over here he's called Sherlock Humbug  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2012 11:09 am  #6

OK.
This one took some solving but there is indeed a hidden meaning to this sequence we see before us.

The word most emphasised is "Squoozed" in referenced to the said & aforementioned apple.
Using powers of deduction and a google search & inputting  "squoozed" & "apple" we find a selection of references.
(The crucial element here is NOT to allow Google to tell you what you meant.It will say "Hey, we think you mean Squeezed apple". This impertinent program thinks it is running the show. Click on the italic "squoozed apple" that you originally wanted to find!)

So which one? Evidently, this scene is 3:21 minutes long. Hardly enough time to solve a mystery so that is a HUGE clue that tells us at least 4 minutes would be needed.
The 4th search result revealed this page to me:

http://www.marksmenus.com/restaurants/78947-College-Perk-Coffeehouse/menus/30947-Lunch-Dinner

ah ha, we're getting warmer.
And here we find this :

$2.25
Fresh Lemonade and Limeade
0 Recommendations
squoozed while you wait

So, we have been thrown a clue. Now we have an apple, but they are pointing out lemons and limes.

From there I will have to rewatch the problem as my mind is growing vague.
If anyone can shed light on the next deduction, please do so at will.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 17, 2012 11:25 am  #7

'Squoozed while you wait' Could this be a reference to what is happening to Sherlock fans (otherwise referred to as "The Fandom")  ~ more specifically to our brains, during 'the wait'. 

September 6, 2012 5:12 am  #8

Sadly, speaking of Sherlock Hemlock, Jerry Nelson (creator of Sherlock Hemlock and other memorable Sesame Street characters) passed away recently. I wrote about it and posted a bunch of links here: Jerry Nelson 1934 - 2012.

Last edited by always1895 (September 6, 2012 5:13 am)

---------------------
matt laffey
@always1895 on Twitter
Always1895.net
Priory Scholars of NYC
Always1895 on Twitpic

Board footera